"The Breakfast Club" quotes

(1985)

Movie The Breakfast Club

Title The Breakfast Club
Year 1985
Manager John Hughes
Genre Drama, Comedy

Plot – March 1984, Saturday: five teenagers, three boys and 2 girls, loftier school students in Chicago, are having a detention in the schoolhouse's library. Richard is the teacher charged to supervise them. He assigns them an essay to drive abroad the time: "Who am I?". Hours pass and the kids end up to know each other. Subsequently some tiffs and bickers, they think of and compare their lives.

All actors – Emilio Estevez, Paul Gleason, Anthony Michael Hall, John Kapelos, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy, Perry Crawford, Mary Christian, Ron Dean, Tim Gamble, Fran Gargano, Mercedes Hall, John Hughes

show all

  • "- Claire Standish: Exercise you know how pop I am? I am and then popular. Everybody loves me so much at this school.
    - John Bender: Poor baby."

    - Claire Standish
    Judd Nelson - John Bender
  • "- Richard Vernon: What if your dwelling... what if your family... what if your dope was on burn down?
    - John Bender: Impossible, sir. It'southward in Johnson's underwear."

    Paul Gleason - Richard Vernon
    Judd Nelson - John Bender
  • "- Claire Standish: You know, you look a lot better without all that black shit under your eyes.
    - Allison Reynolds: Hey, I like all that blackness shit... Why are yous being and so nice to me?
    - Claire Standish: Because you're letting me."

    Molly Ringwald - Claire Standish
    Ally Sheedy - Allison Reynolds
  • "- John Bough: You lot go along with your parents?
    - Andrew Clark: Well, if I say yes I'm an idiot, correct?
    - John Bender: You lot're an idiot anyway. Merely if you say you become along with your parents, well, y'all're a liar as well."

    Judd Nelson - John Bender
    Emilio Estevez - Andrew Clark
  • "- Andrew Clark: Oh, I accept problems?
    - Allison Reynolds: Yous practice everything everyone tells yous to do and that is a problem.
    - Andrew Clark: Okay, fine, only I didn't dump my bag out on the couch and invite everyone into my problems."

    Emilio Estevez - Andrew Clark
    Marry Sheedy - Allison Reynolds
  • "- Andrew Clark: What happened to you?
    - Allison Reynolds: Why? Claire did it... What's incorrect?
    - Andrew Clark: Nothing's wrong... information technology'due south only so different, yous know? I can see your face.
    - Allison Reynolds: Is that proficient or bad?
    - Andrew Clark: Information technology'south good."
    Emilio Estevez - Andrew Clark
    Marry Sheedy - Allison Reynolds
  • "- John Bender: Sushi?
    - Claire Standish: Rice, raw fish, and seaweed.
    - John Bender: You won't accept a guy's tongue in your mouth, and you lot're going to swallow that?
    - Claire Standish: Can I eat?
    - John Bender: I don't know. Requite information technology a try."

    Judd Nelson - John Bender
    Molly Ringwald - Claire Standish
  • "The bizarre thing is that I did it for my old man. I tortured this poor kid because I wanted him to think that I was absurd. He's always going off most how when he was in school and all the wild things he used to do. And I got the feeling that he was disappointed that I never cut loose on anyone, right?"
    Emilio Estevez - Andrew Clark
  • "- Allison Reynolds: I'm a nymphomaniac.
    - Claire Standish: Lie.
    - Brian Johnson: Are your parentsaware of this?
    - Allison Reynolds: The simply person I told was my shrink.
    - Andrew Clark: And what did he do when yous told him?
    - Allison Reynolds: He nailed me."

    Ally Sheedy - Allison Reynolds
    Molly Ringwald - Claire Standish
    Anthony Michael Hall - Brian Johnson
    Emilio Estevez - Andrew Clark
  • "- Andrew Clark: What do you need a fake I.D. for?
    - Brian Johnson: So I can vote."

    Emilio Estevez - Andrew Clark
    Anthony Michael Hall - Brian Johnson
  • "- Brian Johnson: You see the states as you desire to see us: in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. Only what we found out is that each one of usa is a encephalon...
    - Andrew Clark: And an athlete...
    - Allison Reynolds: And a basket case...
    - Claire Standish: A princess."

    Anthony Michael Hall - Brian Johnson
    Emilio Estevez - Andrew Clark
    Marry Sheedy - Allison Reynolds
    Molly Ringwald - Claire Standish
  • "Nosotros're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all."
    Emilio Estevez - Andrew Clark
  • "- Claire Standish: Why didn't you lot want me to know that you are a virgin?
    - Brian Johnson: Because information technology's my business organization, my personal business.
    - John Bough: Well, Brian, it doesn't sound like you're doing any business."

    Molly Ringwald - Claire Standish
    Anthony Michael Hall - Brian Johnson
    Judd Nelson - John Bender
  • "Screws autumn out all the time, the world is an imperfect identify."
    Judd Nelson - John Bender
  • "Stupid, worthless, no adept, goddamn, freeloading son of a bitch. Retarded, big mouth, know-it-all, asshole, jerk." Judd Nelson - John Bender
  • "I'm not a winner because I desire to be ane. I'yard a winner because I've got strength and speed... kinda like a racehorse. It's virtually how involved I am in what'southward happening to me."
    Emilio Estevez - Andrew Clark
  • "I have only as, many feelings as you do and it hurts then much when someone steps all over them."
    Molly Ringwald - Claire Standish
  • "- John Bender: What practice you guys do in your social club?
    - Brian Johnson: Well, in physics nosotros... we talk about physics, backdrop of physics.
    - John Bender: So it's sorta social, demented and pitiful, just social. Right?"

    Judd Nelson - John Bender
    Anthony Michael Hall - Brian Johnson
  • "- Richard Vernon: What did yous wanna be when you were young?
    - Carl: When I was a kid, I wanted to exist John Lennon."

    Paul Gleason - Richard Vernon
    John Kapelos - Carl
  • "- Claire Standish: You know why guys like yous knock everything?
    - John Bender: Oh, this should be stunning.
    - Claire Standish: It'due south considering yous're afraid."

    Molly Ringwald - Claire Standish
    Judd Nelson - John Bender
  • "- Allison Reynolds: Your middle name is Ralph, as in puke, your birth date's March twelfth, you're 5'9 and a half, yous weigh 130 pounds and your social security number is 049380913.
    - Andrew Clark: Wow. Are you psychic?
    - Allison Reynolds: No.
    - Brian Johnson: Well, would yous mind telling me how you know all this almost me?
    - Allison Reynolds: I..." (continue)
    (continue reading)
    Marry Sheedy - Allison Reynolds
    Emilio Estevez - Andrew Clark
    Anthony Michael Hall - Brian Johnson
  • "I don't take to run away and live in the street. I tin can run away and I can go to the body of water, I can go to the country, I can go to the mountains. I could go to State of israel, Africa, Afghanistan."
    Ally Sheedy - Allison Reynolds
  • "- Andrew Clark: Why do you have to insult everybody?
    - John Bender: I'one thousand existence honest, asshole. I would wait yous to know the difference."

    Emilio Estevez - Andrew Clark
    Judd Nelson - John Bender